Time Capsule

This records my personal memories, thoughts, and other miscellany.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

My wife Sue and I are retired and have lived in the same house for over 30 years. Our local family consists of son Mason, daughter Katrina, son-in-law Dan, granddaughter Natalia, and grandson Joel, all living in the same metropolitan area where we live.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Grandpa Bragging Time


It's time again to brag about Natalia, age 10. She has a beautiful singing voice and has performed in her school talent shows and at assisted living centers in this area, as well as participating in an amateur performance group for several months. Last summer, she sent an audition CD to the Colorado Eagles Hockey Team (Central Hockey League), offering to sing the National Anthem at one of their games. Three days ago, she got a call, inviting her to sing at the second game of the second playoff round, at the Budweiser Events Center, north of Loveland, Colorado. That game was last night, and all the family attended the event.

She was amazing! Just before the game, she and the color guard walked out into the rink, before a sell-out crowd of over 5000. The arena lights were turned out, spotlights were on her and the flag, and she sang The Star-Spangled Banner a capella (no music accompaniment). The cheers for her high note near the end of the song were as loud as any I've heard at sports events, and she received many compliments throughout the evening.

We're just a little bit proud of her!



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gerald,

Your blog name caught my eye... why

please see
www.electronictimecapsule.com
I launched the site 2 months ago. My parents are writing on a daily basis... send me an e-mail david@electronictimecapsule.com and I will provide you a free subscription for a year.

p.s. I play an love hockey... I never had 5,000 fans look at me... quite impressive for a 10yr old!

Cheers,
David Ryan

20 September, 2006 14:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home